Sunday, October 24, 2010

The inaugural post.

Welcome to my blog. I thought I would begin the with an overview of things I have going on at the moment. I am beginning the first pass of color on a new painting I've been working on for the past few weeks. I will dedicate some posts to this process in the near future.
A group of fellow artists, and I meet up every Thursday night to draw, and paint from live models in costume. My focus with these costume sessions is to hone my skills with alla prima painting. I'm currently using a limited pallette. More on this soon.
My web site is getting a complete overhaul. This is long overdue after a year and a half of trying to do it myself, and bullying friends with web design experience to donate their free time. I now have a professional working on the site, and if we stay on schedule the new site will launch in mid December. Hoozah!!
I am currently showing work at Krab Jab Studio and Tasha's Bistro on Beacon Hill. I will have work up at Calamity Jane's in Georgetown during the month of November, and have plans for a venue in December.
I also teach private lessons every week, and I am working on an Anatomy class plan for Gage Academy's Teen Art Studio for the month of January.
Well there you go. Be sure and check back soon, as I get into the meat of making pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment